Sunday, September 7, 2014

Kiev Ukraine Round Two Day Ten: Gratitude

James is writing today's post.

Today marks one month since we departed Virginia on this journey. As I reflect on the past month, all of the highs and lows, there is one thing that stands out...the incredible support that we have received from family, friends (old and new), and coworkers. It has been simply amazing, the myriad of ways in which the people in our life have enabled this journey. Another example, perhaps small to the casual observer, but large in our hearts occurred today. A close friend sent Mary a message from the song "Oceans" by Hillsong United:

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior"

A truly beautiful reminder of faith and the blessings of the Lord.

It is hard to express the depth of gratitude that we have felt for all of these manifestations of support: thoughtful messages, countless prayers, support from leaders and coworkers at the office during the absence, help with our sons at home, a brother answering a call for help without hesitation, friends stepping in to lend a hand, and many others too numerous to list. Truly we are blessed and pray that, in some small way, we will find ways to show our gratitude to everyone supporting us and complete this journey in a way that proves worthy of that support.

We are hopeful that the next two days will bring concrete progress towards receiving permission to visit new children. Praying that tomorrow brings some much anticipated good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment